Itty Bitty City
Take your imagination to the next level with modules and sensors in this Microduino maker kit. Itty Bitty City is a complete 8-in-1 project kit which features Microduino’s mCookie Series modules. Perfect for beginners and educators looking to learn or teach electronics and programming.
The Itty Bitty City is an 8-in-1 complete project kit which features Microduino’s mCookie Series modules. The kit doesn’t require any messy wiring or risky soldering. Each of the 8 projects introduces new concepts and ideas related to programming and electronics. The code for each project is freely available for modification. With its LEGO® compatible pieces you can bring your LEGO® projects to life! Forming your own project ideas then building and coding them couldn’t be easier. Itty Bitty City is the perfect STEM education tool!
3 mCookie Modules
- 1 x Core Module
- 1 x Sensor Hub Module
- 1 x Motor Controller Module
1 x mBattery — Rechargable Li-ion Battery and Programmer
7 Sensors (5 Types)
- 2 x Crash Sensors
- 1 x Infrared Receiver
- 2 x Line Finder Sensors
- 1 x Light Sensor
- 1 x Microphone Sensor
3 Trinkets (2 Types)
- 1 x Buzzer
- 2 x LED (Multi-color)
Accessories (12 Types)
- 2 x Balls
- 136 x Building Block (Various)
- 1 x MicroUSB Cable
- 2 x Motors
- 1 x Omni-Wheel
- 1 x Remote Control
- 1 x Roll of Black Tape
- 1 x Rubber Sleeve
- 16 x Sensor Cables
- 1 x Set of Music Card
- 1 x USB Flash Drive
- 2 x Wheels
1 x Itty Bitty City Manual
- Piggy Bank – Want to save up some money? This Piggy Bank project plays a sound when you drop a coin in.
- Reflex Battle – Did you lose in the Basketball game? Build this Reflex Battle game and have a rematch.
- 1 VS 1 Basketball – Challenge your friend to a game of finger basketball!
- Windmill – The windmill spins when you clap your hands!
- Lighthouse – Want to light up an area? Build this project and use the remote control to change the color of the light.
- Music Box – In the mood for some music? Build this project and swipe one of the music cards to hear a funky tune.
- Nightlight – Afraid of the dark? This projects automatically lights up when the room becomes dark.
- Smart Car – Want to send a note to someone across the room? Why not use this Smart Car and have it delivered to them!
The mCookie Series eliminates the need for messy wiring by making electronics easily connectable. With the magnetic stackable design it is truly as simple as snapping pieces together! Messy wiring, breadboarding and soldering is completely eliminated!
Want to learn about electronics but are frightened by wiring things on a breadboard? Are you terrorized by the thought of programming? Well, the mCookie Series by Microduino is here to the rescue!
mCookie modules are LEGO® compatible. This makes creating projects quick and easy. Simply stack the needed modules and place them into a LEGO® build!
Each module is color coded based on its role. Grab what is needed for a project and stack them together!
- Red – Code modules are the brains and logic of a project.
- Blue – Communication modules enables wireless communication such as Bluetooth or WiFi.
- Yellow – Function modules enables extra functionality such as audio playback or motion detection.
- Green – Extension modules enables control of additional electronics such as motors or a display screen.
NEW! Microduino believes in their products and the mCookies Series. New ideas and feedback from customers lead to new additions such as LEGO® compatible housings for sensor/trinket modules, mBattery module, and the Bluetooth Upload module. As a result, the mCookies Series is easier than ever to use!
- LEGO® compatible housings for sensor/trinket modules makes assembling a project easier than ever!
- The mBattery module is a stackable rechargeable Li-ion battery with integrated programmer!
- Wireless programming is possible with the new Bluetooth Upload module! * *NOTE: Bluetooth Upload module is NOT included in the Itty Bitty City Kit.
Programming the mCookie Series is simple. It makes use of the beginner friendly open source Arduino platform which has thousands of community members actively contributing!
For novice programmers looking for an alternative to text-based coding, drag and drop programming from Scratch and Mixly are both supported by the mCookie series.